Sunday, April 5, 2015

Another Great Coast Hike

This Coast hike thing needs to become a regular activity because it's super fun, very beautiful, and feels damn good to get out of Eugene.  Yesterday, Jason and I headed to Florence which is about an hour west of Eugene. The day started out cold and foggy, but by the time we started hiking it was about 55 degrees and sunny.  Here are the pictures from our awesome hike. We hiked about six miles roundtrip, out and back starting from Washburn State Park (where we usually take the dogs) and ended up by the Heceta Head Lighthouse before we turned back. It was nice mix of beach, trail, rocks, landmark, and climbing. We even dipped our feet in the ocean, but it was freezing. 


A page out of Bill Sullivan's book on great coastal hikes


Hobbit Beach

Jason climbing up the side of a sandy cliff thing
Later, we saw the "No Climbing" sign
At the top of the trail almost to Heceta Head Lighthouse. I love this view up the coastline.

Posin' by my favorite view
Is it a selfie if there's two of us? Is it an usie?
Jason is a tree
Very beautiful, rolling part of the trail 
And, of course, I had to stop for a little lifting lotus (Utthitta Padmasana) at my favorite spot
Camel Pose (Ustrasana)
Sometimes I see something and get inspired to make a cool yoga pose picture upon it.
This stump called out to me "Do camel on me", so I did.









No comments:

Post a Comment