Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Awesome and Sad


Much like this kid with a shaved mullet, leaving school this year is awesome and sad.

Reasons for which it is awesome:
-no more annoying ladies talking to me all the time about things which I do not care
-no more whining kids
-no more working my bum off for very little pay (hopefully...)
-no more trying to herd cattle
-no more being trapped inside a fluorescent lit, germ filled, musty old building all day with no option to leave
-no more ridiculous staff developments in which I am treated like a child
-no more helpless feeling of being trapped inside of a broken system (hopefully...)

Reasons for which it is sad:
-there are some kids that I will really miss seeing
-it's going to be weird not going to the same place everyday that I've been going to for the past 5 years
-non-stop laughter at kids
-awesome notes like this
"Dear Ms. Barbee, I had an awesome time with you. You were super funny. Thank you for helping me when I needed help.  This year was fantastic. Well, I'll miss you!!"

-my partner in crime and taking funny school pictures together:






No comments:

Post a Comment