Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yoga and Infinite Wellness

I am really beginning to believe that with a consistent yoga practice, wellness in unlimited! I guess I've always believed it, but now I am beginning to live it, rather. Understanding how to live it was one of my biggest struggles during college and the subsequent 3-4 years after. I mean, how can you begin to live yogically when drama majors and their cohorts are slippin' slidin' through your house at all hours of the night and scream-telling stories at each other to see who can be the loudest, funniest, and most "entertaining"? How can you understand true contentment when your idea of happiness is a great part in a play or the affirmation you receive when lights are shining on you and people are watching you in the round? How can you begin to understand health when your diet consists of gummy bears, ramen noodles and beer? How can anyone truly understand how to live a healthy and happy life until they have done it?

I thought about this the other day when I realized that I have been practicing yoga for over 10 years*! Discovering yoga happened to me at the same time that I was also trying to figure out so many things about myself, life and people. What I now know though, is that yoga was and has remained a constant for me. That is special and something that will hopefully fuel my journey for the rest of my life.
So, I'm working on it; I'm still learning, but it is a work in progress. How many people can say that?


*This was definitely an "Oh shit, I'm going to be 30 in 11 months" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment