Thursday, August 15, 2013

Abandoned?

It was brought to my attention today that I have "abandoned" my blog.
Ok, fine. So, I haven't blogged in 15 days.
I get it.

So, here's what I've been up to.

1) I've been TA-ing a class for the Master's in Teaching program at the U of O. It's all about ELL teaching and Second Language Acquisition, my apparent specialty. It's been fun. For some reason, though, teaching still terrifies me. There's something about standing up in front of a group of people in a classroom and talking about something that you proclaim to "know" about that just rubs me the wrong way. How will you teach yoga then?, you ask. Well, here's the thing: teaching yoga doesnt make me nervous. That has to say something, right?

2) I got a job at our favorite coffee shop here in Eugene. I'm barista-ing again! Besides smelling like coffee after a shift, I really love it. Making coffee reminds me of simpler times. And other than yoga, I think it is the one thing that I have always done in some capacity (going on 10 years now...woah.) I've lost my milk pour, hopefully it'll be back.

3) I've been studying Bikram Yoga dialogue like a madwoman. I can't believe I'll be in LA in exactly a month at Teacher Training!

Other things:
I take pictures of myself.

It was my oldest friend, Kristin's, birthday on August 5th. I made this photo grid from some old pictures of us.
We don't talk too often, and both have traveled quite different paths but it's still amazing to think that we've known each other for 21 years!

Jason, the dogs, and myself took a little road trip up to the Columbia River Gorge. It's beautiful up there. 

Don't know why these photos are such terrible quality.
But, hey, there's a waterfall!

Checked Washington off my list of states to visit.
Dog children romped!

I have a sneaking feeling, or intense certainty rather, that the next month is going to be quite a whirlwind. We've got friends coming up for the Hood to Coast Relay Race next weekend. We'll head to NC in early September for a wedding and a little visit. Then, I'll head to LA for my Bikram teacher Training.

Woah.

No comments:

Post a Comment